Next Level | A
"I've Got the Blues!"
Download Printable Checkoff Sheet (PDF): Blues in A Next Level
*Checkpoints can be divided into daily, weekly or monthly lessons. Choose a speed that works for you.
Checkpoint 1 - 9th Chords and the Right Hand Pattern
Take the chords to the next level by making them 9th chords. Tasty! The right hand pattern is an extension of the 1 to 4 movement.
- Blues 9th Chords (watch all videos)
- The Right Hand Pattern (watch all videos)
- Left Hand Blues Lines (watch all video)
Checkpoint 2 - The Blues Scale and Drone Notes
Move around the scale with ease. See the "Blues Shape" and give it a sweet sound by using drone notes (notes that don't move).
- Blues Scale (watch all videos)
- Blues Drone Notes (watch all videos)
Checkpoint 3 - Shape 1 to Shape 2 & Tremolos
Seeing your Blues Scale in shapes will help you move across the entire piano doing fun blues licks. Then...shake it up with Tremolos.
- The Shapes (watch all videos)
- Tremolos (watch all videos)
Checkpoint 4 - 6th Interval and Blues Endings
Moving a 6th interval up and down the mixolydian scale creates a sweet blues sound.
- Blues 6th Interval (watch all videos)
- Blues Ending (watch all videos)